Angels' Fountain

The Angels' Fountain was created in 1574 as a municipal decorative foundation by the master builder Michael Matzer and sculptor Mathes Vogel. Two angels carry the coat of arms of the county.

The allocation of the secular figures (sheriff, alderman, master town builder, artist) to the planets known at the time and their signs of the zodiac (Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Venus and Hermes) is particularly interesting.

back to overview
  • deutsch
  • english